7.10 - RIP, Celebrity Mixologist Quinton Sutherland

7.10 - RIP, Celebrity Mixologist Quinton Sutherland


Summer: I will get back to you one day, rocket, I swear.

Try 'after every kid I'm having grows into a child'.

Summer: So just over a week?

...I'm probably gonna get you to have one more after this. I mean, it's going to be a singleton because there's only one space in the house., but I like having large families even if it is fail fodder and...

Summer: ... 

You have good genes, Brad has good genes, I want as many combinations as is feasible.

Summer: I can't even with you, don't talk to me.


That morning...

Double breakfasts!

Lana: I am healthier than you! I have PEAS!

Mariska: Crackers for life. They actually taste good!

Summer: Shut up and eat your food.


Mariska...

Mariska: What? Lana was right. I need healthier food.


Lana: Doll race?

Mariska: Doll race.

Twins: Ready, steady-

Squeeeeee this is adorable.


Quinton: You can do it! Do it before I go, Mariska!

Mariska: Don't go!

Quinton: No, seriously, go. I don't want to stand above this potty for the rest of my life.

Mariska: Well, that's not a very long time, you'll be fine.

;__;


Brad: Sponge attack!

Lana: *giggle* ... Pls leave me alone though.


Quinton: One last dance!

He hasn't danced in ages and now he's finally dancing, as he approaches death. ;__; Just end me now, this is so freaking sad.


Brad: How dare you play in the toilet?

Lana: I don't need you! I don't need any of you! Leave me be!

Brad: Sure, if you want to die from an infection!

Lana: NAME ONE.

Brad:...E. coli?

Lana: Gesundheit! Leave me alone!


Slowly but surely...Gen 6 is dying off.

Daya is an adult, finally. Summer should be close but she'll never be an adult, unless I use the candles to age her up. Which I won't do.


Quinton, where are you running off to?

Quinton: I sensed Kale. He's a dumbass but you have to say goodbye to the worst of them, don't you?


Quinton: ...So, I just wanted to say, sorry about the way my daughters treated you. Glass and I may have not been the best parents.

Kale: It's OK. Dahlia listens to 0% of the things I say...

Quinton: So we're cool.

Kale: Screw it, we're cool. Have fun on the other side.


Summer: Ooh, my back-

Let's focus on the real problem here, which is your outfit. That's not working for you right now.

*changes her into her blouse+floral jeans outfit*

(She also got a promotion, to Level 6!)


Oh nooooo.

Quinton: This floor seems oddly comfy...


Aw come on Mariska! Get inside.

Summer: Dad? DAD? I-

Mariska: What's going on?

Summer: Mariska, go inside...

Mariska: TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON!

Summer: I-


And Glass just got home.

Glass: Q! No! You gotta stay, just a bit longer... *sobs*


Summer: Damn you, Grim, damn you-

Mariska: What's THAT?

Summer: Go inside!


Pleading time...

Summer: Don't take my dad, Grim! He still needs us!

Grim: He won't when he's on the other side...I think you need him!

Summer: Fine! I wasn't ready! Give us a chance, to say our goodbyes! I want him to meet my latest child...

Grim: *mutters* Dammit! Fine, here's your dad, back, weird blue chick.


Quinton: Ai-eeeeee!

Grim: Here's some borrowed life spirit, sir. Use it well.

Mariska: Weird purple light, don't eat Grandpa!


Glass: Damn you Grim Reaper! If you come near my Q again, I'll...I'll...

Quinton: Relax, my love. I'll go with grace. Dignity. And we'll see each other very soon...

Glass: Damn my pregnancies, making me so much younger than you. Seriously, stupid children.

Summer: I'm right here!


False alarm, Daya...also, those little hair-buns do not work with your adult face. I'll make you over soon.


Mariska: There's a clean highchair over there, Mother.

Summer: I'll give you some words of wisdom. If you make the mess and don't clean it up, you sit in it.

Mariska: I am incapable of cleaning!

Summer: Not my problem.


While Q was almost dying, Matt died. He and Q would have gone at the exact time had it not been for Summer's pleading.

RIP to Matt the Dumbass, friend of shirt icons, senile weirdo, sad one, prey of Summer...oh, and a loving husband and dad, sure sure sure.


Summer: See? Not that hard.

Mariska: The Watcher used my action and you know it.

You're growing up super soon and I didn't want you to fail again.


HAHAHA oh Matt, that's just sad.

Gabrielle: So maybe there was something going on before Matt died...

You go girl. After being stuck with Matt so long, I don't blame you for having a fling with a younger guy for your last two weeks or so. (She only just became an elder).


Alejandra came to some of the parties, and Juliette is Lexie and Jade's last child, and they're married. So...yay!


Using Mariska's free action did not stop this from happening.

-5.


Summer: I'm in labour!

Brad: Interesting wall covering...sorry what?

Summer: LABOUR


Dammit Brad, I purposefully put you and Summer in the same room as each other for the birth, why did you leave?

Brad: I'm rescuing Lana from the highchair.

Lana: Yeah, thank Mum for leaving me in there.

LABOUR. Do none of you get that?

Anyway, fine Brad. You get a pass.


The first boy in...five births, and six kids, gets a special name picture.

Also, his name was almost 'Fexli' because of my shit typing.


Summer: Is every kid going to have Mum's skin?

Felix: Please support my head.

Summer: Shut up kid, there's more important things to think about now.

Are there?

Anyway, Felix is a single baby boy (like I knew it would be, I do check MC Pregnancy whenever someone gets pregnant), and he's pale blue like the twins and Glass.

Remember how I so desperately wanted a blue kid last Gen? Well now I want a human-skin-toned kid. Three blue kids is enough.

+5.


This is going to be Hell, seriously. At least for the next day. I got 'it's almost Lana/Mariska's birthday' notifications while Summer was birthing Felix.

(The birthday notifications come when they're 1 day away for toddlers, for some reason)


I somehow haven't mentioned this until now, but Brad is in the culinary career. He's at level 2 and needs a sliver of a skill bar to get promoted. This mac and cheese may be the key!


I put a potty in the nursery because...well, it's simpler to have toddler items everywhere, and it's not like they're expensive (especially not for a family with savings of over 200,000).

Anyway Lana used it on her own like a champ.

Lana: Independence for the win, yo.


Mariska had a nightmare...

Summer: It's OK...

Mariska: Never let go of me!

Summer: Don't make it annoying, kid. I'm trying to be motherly.


Brad: Time for sleep!

Poor Brad worked a 4pm-1am shift, and then came home to take care of kids for five hours. He's earned this rest.

He was pretty shoddy for the first day of their toddlerhood, but he's actually been a pretty good dad, for a spouse (obviously Summer is doing the majority of the work).


Danika: If you don't open up, Blarffy, we can never be friends.

Blarffy: I want to be your friend. I feel companionship with you, even if you do prefer Blue Bear to me. But I just don't know if I can open up...

Drago: Oh, pull it together.


Weston! You just got here.

Weston: Please, word gets around. As soon as I reached the house I knew what was up. Buh-bye!

...Bitch.

Weston: Also, my first appearance was for me to be drained of half my blood? Shame on you! I'm a Sutherland cousin! SHAME.

Fine, leave then! Goddamn.


...There will always be others in the relationship panel.

Summer: You're under MY command! God, this never gets old.

Xavier: WHAT IS HAPPENING-

This is Del's husband btw.


Xena: Well, congratulations IF it's not a little fanged monster.

Brad: You're my friend, Xena, and I like you...but please stop.

Anyway, I can't be arsed to deal with the kids, so we're going to hide out at Ashby's place. I think she has a husband, one kid who's almost a YA, and one kid who's almost a kid.


Ashby got a makeover! Her other outfit seemed way too YA-ish for an adult and a mother of two, but she's still keeping her trademarks of dyed hair, big glasses, and bright clothing.

Ashby: Nice boy you landed here, Summer *nudge nudge*

Brad:...You're nudging into my spine.

Summer: Alright, hands off, old lady.


Glass:...No Dani, there's nothing wrong-

Quinton: Actually, my darling...there is.

Shaurya (Ashby's husband): Who is this guy?


Ashby: My dad. But if you're going to be so insensitive, Brad can comfort me!

Brad: My nerves are being stabbed by your glasses.

Shaurya: I was asking a legit question here...!


Glass: Q? Q? You'll be OK...I'll...I'll help you up...I...

Ashby: *sobbing* You can't, Mum. You know it.

Noelle: What's happening?

Danika: Come on out, Mum. Tell Reaper not to take him away!

Summer: But I'll burn, Danika. And I have so much living left. He was already given an extension too...we can't both die.


Rachel: Ooh, family reunion!

Shaurya: Someone's dying, woman!

Rachel: ...Q?

Grim: Quentin...no, Quinton Sutherland. It's your time, I'm afraid.


Ashby: DON'T TAKE HIM.

Glass: Please...Q...move a finger. Extend your hand. Just give me one more day with you.

Noelle:...This is confusing and sad and I'm sad and waaaahhh.

Noelle is echoing at least part of my thoughts.


Brad: Celebrity mixologist Quinton Sutherland...you were a really cool guy. I'll miss you. Summer will miss you. Danika, Lana, Mariska...they'll miss you too I guess.

Conner: And I didn't even get to know him!

Danika: Granddad...you were my best friend! Don't leave me with Mum and Grandma!


He was her only good friend. Poor Danika.


Glass: You're not getting up are you?

Ashby: *through sobs* Nooooo Mum he's not!

Noelle: Mum what's happening? Grownups don't cry!

Glass: Sorry kid. I gotta cry. He's my husband, my soulmate, my Q...


Madelyn: What is up, people, party tonight at my place, 10pm...is this a bad time?

Bad time.


Glass: Summer...I know we aren't close, but I can't lose you too. Please go inside, don't burn-

Summer: Relax. I'm only out here for a bit. We need to collect the urn.

Ashby: He's...he's gone. RIP Dad.

RIP to Quinton 'Q' Sutherland indeed. RIP to a caring father, son and sibling, to the best husband ever, and an awesome celebrity mixologist. To our favourite genius, and a freaking dance machine! Quinton, you shall be missed, by your family and the bottles alike.


Because no-one really wanted to hang around at Ashby's after what we witnessed, we moved onto Margot. She lives with her wife Lilith, Lilith's daughters Rebekah and Angie, their husbands (who are brothers themselves) and their late-in-life adoption Caiphus.

Caiphus: *head turns* Mother...

Lilith: And that Xena woman says our kind are demons...

Margot:...Can we talk about how my dad died?

Lilith:...Oh shit really? Dammit I'm bad at emotions.


Hey, it's Fredrick! He was actually at a few of the parties, if I remember correctly.

Fredrick: You do, and BTW, what I'm doing here is better than anything Summer threw.

...Keep on like that and you'll never be featured again.


That's an...interesting outfit, Rebekah.

Rebekah: Chris said it looked sexy!


Chris: It was a joke that wasn't supposed to go this far!

Lol, sucker.

Chris: She won't take it off now!

That's Rebekah's husband and Chris's brother, BTW.


Angie: Look, sweetie, I made us! Hey, we're getting down in the hot tub-!

Fredrick:...That looks like Darin Day.

Angie: Well...OK...but I saw those old Snapchats! And then Summer's book came out...I got curious and...can you blame me? The guy is shredded, and has a cute face to boot...obviously you have a cute face too, Fred, but...

Fredrick: Yeah, I can't blame you.


(Le proof of the book having come out)

Summer became best friends with Lilith but I missed it. Now that Q is dead, she needs a new BFF. And, barring any tragic daylight accidents, or insane trait-related fallouts, Lilith will literally be her best friend forever.

I decided it was time to go home after that. We'll visit Daya another day.


I don't think 'days' are a concept in the afterlife, Glass.

Glass: *sniff* I know! To ask him about his day, he'd have to be alive. And I just want-*sobs in bed*

:(


Danika: I MISS YOU GRANDDAD!


Summer's holding up well.

Summer: Well, I've gained a baby and an official best friend. I'm sad that Dad's gone, but I'm just gonna hold it together...


Glass: Well, Q won't be alive again! So I'll go around making sure everyone knows how much I value them before I stop being alive.

It's too soon to talk about that, Glass.

Lana: OK Grandma, just this once.


Glass: Oh who am I kidding? I can't go on.

Look at that despair. This is really sad...


Lana: I believe I can fly!

Mariska: I am climbing Stairs Mountain, twin! You are sitting still.

Lana: Yeah. I know. I believe I can fly. It's about imagination. Get some.


Summer: This is the best quality stereo? It breaks all the time.

I'm sorry.

...We've been pretty backed up with housework and Summer is doing all of it now. I feel bad for her.

The workload today was one stove, one sink, one potty, one toilet, two highchairs, plus the repairing of one stereo and one stove. It's a hard knock life.


Summer: What the shit, Margot. We both have partners and children.

Margot: Have you heard of swingers?

Summer: Would Lilith be OK with that?

Margot: I didn't mention it to her.

Summer:...That would be cheating, actually.


After an entire day of keeping up a calm facade, Summer breaks down in the bath. Poor girl.


Lana: Fine, you get a hug too...

Danika: Thanks. I need all the comfort I can get, with Granddad gone...

Summer: Good to see you girls getting along so well.

Lana: I don't like this.

Summer: Suuuure.


Brad got promoted to Caterer, i.e. Level 3.


Dahlia noooooo...

Dahlia: *grimace* At least my lipstick is nice?

It is, but not nice enough to overpower...this.


Summer: I'm serious, Lana. I'm tired and grieving. Hurry up. Copy me exactly and get those candles blown out!

Lana: *blows raspberry*

Summer: Blow out the candles right now!


Lana: This is a weird new form!

Summer: Well you can't get your old one back!

Lana: Aren't there 'cheats' or something?

Summer: Yes...but over my dead burnt body will I allow you to do something so stupid. You're free now. You pee in a toilet and feed yourself. Go enjoy doing that.


Summer: *sing-chanting* Freedom freedom FREEDOM! Freedom freedom FREEDOM!

The other one is becoming a toddler in like, one day.

Summer: Let me enjoy this!

Mariska: I will be clingy forever!

Summer: I am so close, Mariska. Do NOT screw this up for me.


The twins continue their pattern of being opposites trait-wise; Lana (left) is neat and Mariska (right) is lazy. I picked their looks based on their traits, obviously. Lana is a Rambunctious Scamp and Mariska is an artistic prodigy. They have identical sleep and swim-wears, but I didn't want to dress them in the exact same everyday wear. Twins are not the same person, and all of that.

Anyway, that's this chapter done and dusted. Next time, Felix ages up, and Summer may get knocked up for the (hopefully) final time.

Score Sheet- 5 (dammit Mariska)
Single Births (19) +95
Twin Births (4) +40
Aspiration Tiers (62) +310
Aspiration (7) +70
Grade A (6) +30
Randomising everything for 1 gen (3) +30
Not using spare's satisfaction points (4) +40
Every 100,000 simoleons (4) +80
Immortalise TH (1) +5

Pass Out (95) -475
Self Wetting (27) -135
Fires (10) -100





Comments